"Life beyond the road can't be much better, but for all we know, maybe it is." ~Kelsey(me)
I remember it clear as day; the crash, the person, the scream; music blaring in the car, we do a sharp turn to the right as we head down the slick road; the oncoming car racing towards us, faster and faster as we turn into it's view; a scream as sharp as the broken glass pierced me deeper than anything else could; "Mommy, where are you, Mommy, are you alive?" nothing but the sound of the cursed victim escaping the scene; alone, I sit with my mother until her heartbeats fade into silence, unknown yet feared; I cried and waited until my time to leave this trecherous earth came and passed with not even the sound of a single heartbeat to break the silence anymore.
That's really sad. It's kind of like the commercial my sister told me about a family crashing their car and then all you here is the little girl going "mommy? daddy?" I really liked.
ReplyDeleteThanks claire, I don't know why, but I just love to write irony. I haven't seen that comercial yet though.
ReplyDelete